Three days of nature and adventure, in the Sierra Nevada of Santa Marta
The Cerro Kennedy is part of this important mountain system, have an elevation of 3.100 meters above sea level, covered by a fog forest in which is home to hundreds of endemic and migratory birds.
Throughout this travel in the middle of mountain, get an excellent view unto the two snowy peaks Cristobal Colón and Simon Bolivar, and whole the mountain system that make up the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta, also it can see a lot of endemic birds from the 77 species that has Colombia, beside 105 almost endemic which are founded in the sub-Andine mountain forest of this area, all these riches make it a privileged place for anyone who wants to visit.
The extraordinary experience begin in the Santa Marta city, riding in a vehicle 4×4 type camper, passing by the Minca population. The adventure become more interesting as we ascend the mountain, the travel through this difficult road becomes a fascination adventure. After we arrive to La Tagua, a village located to 1.650 meters above sea level, afterwards a trek up through the mountain until Santa Elena estate, located to 2.200 meters above sea level, throughout this travel it gets stunning views of green and magic mountains, the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta.
- Departure from your hotel in the Santa Marta city, taking the road to village of Minca, village quaint located to 40 minutes since Santa Marta city, it 650 meters above sea level.
- Visit to Hacienda Cafetera La Victoria, where you will know the coffee organic process.
- Once finished the tour Hacienda Cafetera La Victoria, be continue the travel in our vehicle type camper along a rough and uncrowded road to estate La Maria, in La Tagua path, where the travel in vehicle is finished.
- Once everybody has been landed and be ready, it starts a trek of 3 kilometers until the Santa Elena estate (THIS TREK TAKES 2 HOURS, DIFFICULTY LEVEL: MEDIUM) Arrive to Santa Elena estate, settled down, welcome snack, typical Colombian lunch, travel by the surroundings, and view to sunset over the mountains, the Cienaga Grande and Caribe Sea, dinner and night.
Distance to go
Santa Marta – Minca: 14 kilometers by road in excellent condition.
Minca – Vereda La Tagua: 20 kilometers by road of access difficult
Trekking La Tagua – Santa Elena estate: 3 kilometer middle sloping path (Recommendation: good physical condition)
- You must wake up very early to watch the sunrise of the sun in the Sierra Nevada and watch the snowy peaks while you delight a cup of organic coffee from the Sierra Nevada.
- Traditional breakfast
- Departure time is scheduled at 6.30 am. to start the trek to the Cerro Kennedy, in ascending by our private trails (4.5kms) = (3 hours of hiking) until arriving at the lookout of Cerro Kennedy, located at 3100 meters above sea level, excellent view to the mountains, mainly on the snowy peaks Bolívar and Colon, the trek is made by different paths allowing us a greater enjoyment of the trek, crossing ravines, water springs, likewise we will have the opportunity to observe great variety of endemic birds That inhabit this region.
- Return to Finca Santa Elena to have lunch.
- Free afternoon, dinner and night
Distance to go on day 2
Santa Elena estate – Cerro Kennedy summit: 4,5 kilometers, plus the return
Estimate walking time: According to physical behavior (3 to 4 hours) + (return 2h/30min)
Difficulty level: High, to people who do not use to walking
Itinerary for day 3
- View of the snowy peaks.
- Typical Columbian breakfast
- Walk on the rise by paths that communicate to Santa Elena estate with neighbor estates which lead to the waterfall sacred PANKU, where we will enjoy a refreshing bath, take photos (trek of 2.8 kilometers by travel).
- Return to Santa Elena ecoturist estate to take lunch
- Return to Santa Marta city
Distance to go on day 3
Finca Santa Elena – Panku Waterfall: 2.8 Kilometers per travel= 5.6 kms
Finca Santa Elena – La Tagua: 3 kilometers, walking distance.
La Tagua Santa – Santa Marta: 34 Kilometers in campero 4 × 4.
Estimated walking time: 4 / h
NOTE: This itinerary can be modified by customer direct request or due to unexpected environmental conditions
- Lodging by two (2) nights at Santa Elena estate in multiple room.
- Transportation in wagon 4×4 type camper
- Coffee tours in estate coffee maker La Victoria
- Feeding: (3 lunch, 2 dinner, 2 breakfast and fruits, snacks and hot drinks)
- Hiking cerro kennedy (4,5 km walk per way)
- Visit to Sacred Panku waterfall (walk of 2,8 km per trip)
- Local guide
- Travel insurance
Salidas Programadas a los mejores precios
|PLAN TREKKING CERRO KENNEDY 3 DAYS|
Prices per person
|N/P/ GROUP||WI MAKE|
|PRICES PER PERSON|
|4 to 5||PAX||$ 704.000|
|6 to 11||PAX||$ 624.000|
|12 to 15||PAX||$ 580.000|
- The itinerary can be modified at the request of the client.
- This tour is done with a minimum of two persons
- The prices of this plan vary by agreement to the number of persons per group.
- This plan is personalized.
– Deposits via PayPal for payment in foreign currency (USD) through links published on our official websites.
– Cash payments only at our offices to our authorized personnel.
– Payments with debit or credit card are enabled in our offices.
A deposit per person equivalent to 5% of the total value of the tour is required, which must be paid in advance to confirm the reservation.
The total price of the tour must be paid the day before, just before leaving, at the office of Wimake Tour Colombia.
Cancellation and right of withdrawal
Confirmed reservations must be canceled or modified at least one day before, during working hours.
Reservations canceled the same day will have a penalty of 20% on the total value of the tour.
Once the reservation process has started, no refund of the 5% equivalent deposit will be made.
- Important to be in good physical conditions (Trekking to Panku waterfall require physical exigency)
- This tour is recommended for people that love the nature, hikers, students; children, young and everyone who wants enjoy an experience in Sierra Nevada of Santa Marta.
- This natural adventure can be performed by all type of people, as long as count on good health.
- Take care and respect what you find
- Do NOT forget any object in the mountain
- Do NOT scream or make strange noises during the walk
- Do NOT damage or scratch the natural or cultural goods
- If you have any suggestion related with the food communicate it
- Make the reservations at least one day before the trip
- Pay attention to the guide and follow the recommendations
- Use eco-friendly repellents preferably